When it comes to cookies, I am very picky. To me, they are often too dry, or too sweet, or too something-else. These Chocolate Chip cookies, however, I love. For some reason, they remind me of my childhood. There is something about the texture and that sweet and salty flavor. The sweetness and the saltiness are just right, and with a glass of cold milk these are divine. Plus, they are very easy to make! No need to say more. Let’s get to it!
Sweet and Salty Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 sticks (or 1 cup) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 c brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 c white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 c chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Mix very well. Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine both mixtures together. Mix well. Add the chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Do not bake these too long, or they will become very dry
- If you change the ratio of sugars, the cookies will end up either too dry or too mushy. Keep the ratio of sugars as listed in the recipe