At first, when I found this recipe, I was hesitant to try it, and I had my reasons. Sure, it looked like it was easy to make, but broccoli is definitely NOT on my list of favorite things to eat. Also, mix Alfredo sauce and spaghetti sauce? I don’t know about you, but I’d never done that before. I definitely wasn’t sure about this one. But I had all the ingredients, so I gave it a shot. We had some guests over, and everyone absolutely loved it! It’s quick, it’s easy, it’s delicious! Give it a try!!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 mins
1 12 oz box of jumbo pasta shells
2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
2 cups broccoli, cooked and chopped
1 jar (16 oz) Alfredo sauce
1 cup any cheese, shredded
1/2 cup parmesan, shredded
2 cups spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- In a bowl mix chicken, broccoli, Alfredo sauce, both cheeses, salt, and pepper.
- Grease 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Evenly spread spaghetti sauce on bottom of baking dish.
- Arrange shells in baking pan, and spoon the chicken mixture into each shell (all the shells won’t fit. Feel free to use as many as you like though).
- Bake 30 minutes until heated through.
*You can use store-bought Alfredo sauce or you can try the homemade sauce I used in this recipe
*Spaghetti sauce is optional
*If the sauce runs out of the shells and it ends up being a little messy, don’t worry! It’s still very good!