Russian Crepes have been very popular ever since the pagan times, at least where I come from. They can be served with a variety of fillings, that’s why they are good for dinner, lunch, dessert, and even breakfast. In Russia they are often served with rice and beef along with an amazing dairy product called tvorog or quark. However, you can serve them with jam, sour cream, any fruit, whipped cream, fish, chicken, cheese, chocolate, caramel, honey, and even caviar. Anything that your imagination permits.
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 25 min
Total time: 30 min
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons oil or butter, melted
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- In a mixing bowl beat the eggs. Add sugar and salt. Mix well.
- Add milk and oil. Mix well.
- Slowly sift in flour and corn starch while beating the mixture. The batter should be quite runny.
- In a hot greased pan, pour about 1/3 cup of batter.
- It takes about 1 1/2 minutes on each side for a crepe to cook over medium heat.
*Thanks to corn starch, these crepes are very thin and elastic, which allows you to fill them with anything you like.