I thought about this for a long time, and I finally decided that I should totally post about my favorite Easy Pumpkin Roll, right before Christmas. Who says that pumpkin dishes should only be eaten on Halloween and Thanksgiving? I most definitely will be making this as one of my Christmas desserts, and you should do the same! It can also make a great gift. So yummy!
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
For the filling
- 1 package (8oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease a 10×15 pan, sift some flower or cream of wheat mix.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs and sugar. Mix in pumpkin.
- Combine the flour mixture and the pumpkin mixture. Mix well.
- Spread into the pan. Bake for about 15-20 minutes, but watch closely after 12 minutes or so.
- While the cake is baking, sift powdered sugar on a clean thin kitchen towel.
- As soon as the cake is out of the oven, transfer it onto the prepared towel. Carefully, roll it up, pretty tight. Cool completely.
- Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla. Beat until fluffy.
- Unroll the cake, and spread the filling all over. Roll up the cake.
- Wrap the roll in a plastic wrap and refrigerate. Decorate as desired.
*baking time varies. You can use the good old toothpick trick to check whether the cake is done
*the first time you roll the cake, don’t wait until it’s cool, otherwise, it’ll break
*after that make sure the cake cools completely