This pasta is one of my favorites. I love how delicate angel hair pasta is. It also cooks very fast. So to me, it’s everything that I need in a pasta side dish for a week night. It’s by no means healthy, but it’s creamy, cheesy, garlic-y, very easy, and most of all – delicious!
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 15 min
Total time: 20 min
3 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon garlic powder
4 cups chicken stock
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
½ pound angel hair pasta
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- In a medium pot on medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic powder, stir, and cook until smooth.
- To the mixture add chicken stock, salt, and pepper.
- Bring everything to a boil and add angel hair pasta. Cook pasta until done, stirring occasionally. Take it off the stove.
- Add heavy cream. Stir well.
- Add parmesan cheese, and stir until melted.
- Add parsley, if desired.
*Serve immediately. Pasta will thicken fast, that’s why I like to add more liquid, both chicken broth and heavy cream.