Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all! The holidays are in full swing, and we have a lot going on. Like I mentioned in my previous post about the Cheesy Cheese Ball, holidays can certainly be overwhelming with all the preparation and events. When it comes to food, we can definitely simplify and still make delicious meals. I love this pancake recipe because it’s fast, tasty, and impossible to spoil. Besides, you can’t go wrong with pancakes whether they are served for breakfast or for dinner. Oh, did I mention that they taste like cake? We call them delicious cake mix pancakes. You are welcome 🙂
Delicious Cake Mix Pancakes
1 (15.25 oz) box of yellow cake mix
1/2 cup of flour
2 1/2 cups of milk
1/4 cup of oil
- In a medium bowl mix the cake mix and flour together.
- In a large bowl mix the eggs, milk and oil.
- Add the dry ingredients to the milk mixture. Stir well.
- Grease and preheat a frying pan or griddle(medium heat). Pour 1/4 cup portions of batter onto the heated pan. Turn the pancakes when you see bubbles throughout the top (3 or 4 minutes for each side).
- Serve warm. The pancakes are as sweet as cake, so I had a stack of them without any syrup and they were delicious, but you can certainly add any topping you like for a rich holiday treat.
Live it up. It’s almost time for those New Year’s resolutions!