Mom's Chocolate Cake
Write a review
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup sour milk (Mix a Tbsp. of vinegar in 1 cup of milk to sour it)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/3 cup of cocoa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 3 9-inch pans.
- In a large bowl or standing mixer, beat eggs, oil, sour milk and vanilla.
- Then add boiling water
- In a separate bowl combine flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and cocoa.
- Combine liquid and dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. I can remember my Mom used a piece of spaghetti to test if it is done.
- Cool in pans for 5 minutes and then remove from pans. Transfer to wire racks and cool completely before frosting.
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Beat together two 3-ounce packages cream cheese, softened; ½ cup butter or margarine, softened and 2 teaspoons vanilla or almond extract till light and fluffy. Gradually add 2 cups powdered sugar, beating well. Gradually beat in 2 1/2 to 2 ¾ cups additional powdered sugar to reach spreading consistency. Frost in between the layers and a little on the outside of the cake to create a ‘naked cake’. Add fresh flowers to give the cake a spring look!
The Mama Birds http://themamabirds.com/
Pages: 1 2