Have you ever thought about starting or finishing your college education? There are many among us who feel like this opportunity has passed them by for a variety of reasons. Lack of time, lack of money, poor high school grade point average or a low ACT score are among the top reasons for not going to college or not completing what was begun. Today I want to introduce you to a program that can be a great blessing to anyone with the desire to start or go back and finish their college education. The program is called Pathway and is sponsored by BYU-Idaho. This program is blessing thousands and thousands of Latter-day Saints worldwide. Maybe this is your “Pathway,” or the “Pathway” of someone you know.
What is Pathway
- Pathway is a low cost one-year program that helps people start or return to college.
- There is no high school GPA, no ACT score, and no ecclesiastical endorsement requirement.
- Students earn 15 credits towards a degree.
- Students do assignments online and attend classes Thursday evenings at a local church building or institute.
- After Pathway, students can earn up to a bachelor’s degree online through BYU-Idaho for a fraction of the cost of other schools.
- Pathway is open to adults of any age
My husband and I have served as missionaries for the Pathway program for two years, and we are now eyewitnesses to the growth and progress of hundreds of individuals of all ages and from every walk of life. Students include:
- Individuals who struggle with academics
- People who need help spiritually
- Working parents
- Returned missionaries
- Stay-at-home moms
- Men and women seeking a career change
- Recent high school graduates
Perhaps you are interested for yourself or this short introduction has brought to your mind a family member, a friend, or a member of your ward that might be blessed by this program. If so, that is exciting, and below are several videos to help you understand the details of the program.
I believe that the Lord will bless us to accomplish things we never ever dreamed we could. He loves us. He wants to help us where we are stuck—in any area of life keeping us from making progress. Education is one of these areas for many people. The Lord has a wonderful program to help us. Come and see and be amazed!