Amazing & Easy Belgian Liege Waffles with Vanilla Syrup
Belgian Liege Waffles With Vanilla Syrup - Copy Cat Waffle Truck Recipe
Write a review
- 2/3 Cup Hot Milk - 110º or warm water also works
- 2 Packages Yeast - I used Rapid Rise
- 1 t. Salt
- 2 T Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Sticks of Butter
- 1 t Vanilla
- 5 Cups flour
- 1 Cup Faux Pearl Sugar - Broken Up Sugar Cubes
- Start out by microwaving your milk. Make sure it doesn't go above 110º (30 second intervals)
- Once Milk is warm add the Yeast and let sit for 5 minutes. Don't stir. It will start to froth and that is when it is ready. You can also use warm water.
- In a mixer add salt, sugar, eggs, butter and vanilla and mix together
- Add Milk Mixture and then start adding flour one cup at a time. Let is knead for about 5 minus in mixure or knead on counter.
- Dough should be slightly sticky, but not enough to stick to your hands..
- Let rise until double. With the rapid rise yeast it only took about 20-30 minutes
- While you are waiting break up your sugar cubes in a plastic bag. I use the smooth side of a meat tenderizer, but you could use a rolling pin or a hammer. You want the cubes to break into about 4 pieces. About the size of a pea. I poured them through a strainer so that the small crystals weren't mixed into the pearls.
- Once the dough has risen, form balls a little bigger than a golf ball size and roll in sugar pearls.
- Spray waffle maker with cooking spray and heat to temperature. If at any time you are cooking and they start burning unplug the waffle machine and it should be fine. I usually could make one and then unplug it for the second one, plug it back in for the 3rd and so on.
- Vanilla Syrup
- 1 cube butter
- 1 cup sugar
- stir until dissolved
- Add 1/2 C milk with 1 tsp lemon juice
- Let boil for l-2 minutes while stirring, remove from heat
- Add a pinch of Baking Soda & 1t. Vanilla
- Store in a Canning Jar in the fridge
The Mama Birds http://themamabirds.com/
We are affiliates of Amazon. If you purchase through this link we will make a small commission at no cost to you! Thanks
Pages: 1 2